Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
1. If you do not fully understand and agree to the terms of this disclaimer you must immediately leave this website.
2. Basildon Borough Council (The Council) provides this website as one of several alternative ways of providing you with access to information and services. By choosing to use this website you accept that you are doing so entirely at your own risk.
3. All statements contained in this disclaimer refer only to websites and not to other means of delivering information and services.
4. By choosing to use the site you are indicating that you fully understand the terms of this disclaimer and any other disclaimers or conditions on the website or on other websites of other parties accessed through this website and agree to abide by them and all computer related legislation including but not limited to the Computer Misuse Act and Data Protection Acts.
5. The Council tries to keep it's own information up to date and accurate but you accept that The Council is not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by itself or any other party or for the consequences which may result from it's use. The information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. You should not assume that this information is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it.
6. This website provides access to information and services provided for your convenience by many other parties over whom The Council has no control or influence irrespective of any relationship that may exist between that party and The Council.
7. Any opinions expressed on this site are not those of The Council but of individual contributors who may or may not be employed by or otherwise be associated with The Council or other parties and The Council is not responsible for them or for any consequences of them.
8. Information on the site may be subject to copyright unless otherwise indicated. Copyright protected material may be downloaded without charge and held on file or printed without requiring specific permission provided that the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a derogatory or misleading manner. It must not be used on other websites without specific permission. This permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to material which belongs to a third party even though that may not be identified as such and authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained directly from the copyright holders concerned.
9. The copying or use of any logos on the site with or without modification is strictly prohibited without written permission.
10. Maps used on the site are reproduced with the permission of the Ordnance Survey on behalf of The Controller of HMSO, Crown copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceeding.
11. You do not have to ask permission of The Council to link to pages on the website but it would be helpful to inform The Council in order that any changes in the site structure that may affect such links can be notified to you. However, we do not permit the use of our logos as part of such links without specific permission.
12. The Council makes reasonable efforts to check and test the website and all supporting infrastructure, systems and processes however it cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst accessing the site or using any of the facilities provided on it including those of other parties. It is always wise for users to run an anti virus program on all material downloaded from this and other websites and to ensure that computers are regularly backed up.
13. The Council is committed to high standards of quality of information relating to its own services but cannot be responsible for the quality of information provided by other information providers whose information is presented on this site. If you think that there are any errors or out-of-date information please contact The Council using the Contact Us facility and report the problem.
14. Your privacy is of great importance to The Council and it will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email and the like) in accordance with the provisions of current legislation including but not limited to the Data Protection Act of 1998. The Council will not sell, trade or rent your information to commercial organisations. The Council will only collect personal information with your knowledge and it will be collected for a known purpose that you understand and will not be used in future for any other purpose without your agreement unless The Council is required by legislation or Central Government guidance to do so.
15. The Council may use any names addresses or email addresses for the purposes of contacting you by any means including but not limited to email and you should therefore take appropriate steps to ensure that access to your email or other electronic means of contact is not available to other people.
16. The Council considers any feedback, comments or other material you post on this site other than personal information to be non-confidential and it may use this material and any data transmitted with it in any way it requires.
17.The Council or other parties providing information on this website may use a mechanism called cookies which leave information on your computer which may subsequently be retrieved. Such information will only be used by The Council to personalise your view of the website but other parties who provide information and transactions on this site may use them for other purposes outside the control of The Council.
18. Any information that you provide must not be unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, racial, obscene, hateful, include pornographic material or references to it or consist of any other material that would break any law or cause offence to anyone who may see it. You not The Council are responsible for the consequences of this. The Council may at its discretion change or remove any such material without any reference to you or any other parties.
19. You are warned that pages on this site may contain information provided by other parties that could cause offence or is in breach of the law and such information should be reported to The Council immediately in order that it can be removed at the Councils discretion.
20. This website provides a number of transactions some of which provide facilities to make payments to The Council or other parties. The Council takes great care to ensure that such transactions are secure but if you have any doubts then you should use alternative payment methods. The Council cannot be responsible for the security or otherwise of transactions provided by other parties whose information or transactions are available on this website.
21. The Council will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information transmitted to it is dealt with in accordance with its normal business practices but is not liable for the consequences of any information that is lost during transmission between you and its internal computer systems.
22. It is The Councils policy is to monitor any or all email and other forms of electronic communication both inbound and outbound for security and other lawful purposes and if you have any concerns over this you should use alternative means of communication.
23. The information given in this disclaimer was current when placed on this site however users may wish to contact The Council to check for any pending updates or for an explanation of any points you do not fully understand.
This policy covers the treatment of personal data that Basildon Borough Council may collect when you email us, or if you complete and submit an on-line form from our website.
When completing forms you may be asked for personal information such as name, address, postcode etc. It is only when you supply this type of information that you can be personally identified, and this is only requested so that we can provide the service you are requesting.